Re: yes, Virginia, there really is an in-continent...

Subject: Re: yes, Virginia, there really is an in-continent...
From: "Virginia L. Krenn" <asdxvlk -at- OKWAY -dot- OKSTATE -dot- EDU>
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 1994 10:46:34 -0500

In case there was some confusion about the previous postings, I'll
just mention that (in the U.S.) incontinent (admittedly without the
hyphen) most usually means lack of control of bodily functions. I had
never seen it used any other way and it hit my funny bone.

My response wasn't intended to be rude and I think that your message
below (which I don't quite understand) was an overreaction to an
innocent quip.

Subject: yes, Virginia, there really is an in-continent...
Author: Jack Shaw <jsh -at- software-ag -dot- de> at SMTP

...idiot over here. But you're right, there's little
you can do to help. Just stay out of technical writing...

Somebody should have warned her...maybe for Christmas. Only
63 shoplifting days left (147 in the U.S., but you guys never
close...).

Donner, Blitzen and Rotnase (everyone's downsizing...)
Subzero Delivery Systems, Inc.