Re: Wanted! PhD writing programs

Subject: Re: Wanted! PhD writing programs
From: Sally Marquigny <SALLYM -at- MSMAILHQ -dot- NETIMAGE -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 1994 17:46:00 PDT

(I can't believe I'm about to recommend that anyone head to the hinterlands,
but...)

When I was at Bowling Green (outside Toledo, OH, not KY), they had started a
creative writing PhD program & had a healthy tech writing program, which
Nora can attest to. I suspect that they may have a PhD program in tech
writing now if they hadn't already in the past.

It's a well-funded school (read "cheap for you!") and has a great reputation
in most writing fields. They're also laid back about independent work,
e.g., designing your own program/degree.

It's worth investigating, and really the people make up for the, well, lack
of everything else! ;)

Sally Marquigny Network Imaging Systems
sallym -at- msmailhq -dot- netimage -dot- com Herndon, VA
From: TECHWR-L
To: Multiple recipients of list TECHWR-L
Subject: Wanted! PhD writing programs
Date: Saturday, October 15, 1994 1:25PM

Can anyone direct me to a university with a PhD program in writing, as in
professional writing, technical writing, busines writing, or all of the
above?