Re: Converting RTF Files to HTML

Subject: Re: Converting RTF Files to HTML
From: David Hancock <djh -at- ARINC -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 1994 08:01:52 EST

Here is a posting I snagged from the comp.text.sgml newsgroup. I get
the TECHWR-L list in digest mode, so I apologize in advance if this is
old news already.

David Hancock | dhancock -at- arinc -dot- com
==================================

Newsgroups: comp.text.sgml
From: cjh -at- cray -dot- com (Chris J. Hector)
Subject: Re: sgml converters to word, wp or ? and vv
Date: 3 Oct 94 10:48:42 CDT

Dick Kaas (d -dot- kaas -at- cc -dot- ruu -dot- nl) wrote:
: I just follow the SGML list a few weeks. My interrest looking for
: products that use sgml and not for using sgml in detail. Just want
: to know what it can be used for and find out about the products
: available.

: In order to make already existing documents available by HTML several
: questions arise:

: 1. does anyone has experience in converting existing doc's (from WP or
: Word)
: to HTML?
: 2. are there (well working and simply) converters for widely used text-
: processing programs (i.e. Word and WordPerfect)

For converting Word and WordPerfect docs to HTML, you can save them off
as RTF and use rtftohtml. IMHO it is a great filter - but don't trust my
opinion, I wrote it 8^>.

See ftp://ftp.cray.com/src/WWWstuff/RTF/rtftohtml_overview.html for details.

Chris

---
cjh -at- cray -dot- com ! ftp://ftp.cray.com/src/WWWstuff/Chris_Hector.html
Cray Research Inc. ! My opinions are my own
655-F Lone Oak Dr. !
Eagan, MN 55121 ! "Ya better start swimmin or you'll sink like a stone
(612)683-5858 ! for the times they are a-changin" - BobD