Thoughts on NOTES??

Subject: Thoughts on NOTES??
From: Trevor Herriot <Trevor -dot- Herriot -at- X400UX -dot- SASKTEL -dot- SK -dot- CA>
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 1994 08:42:27 -0600

Subject: Time:8:37 AM
OFFICE MEMO Thoughts on NOTES?? Date:10/18/94
Does anyone out there have an opinion on how well Lotus Notes works as a way of
transmitting online bulletins and procedures to a wide audience (some on Mac,
some on DOS) covering subjects as diverse as network disaster recovery and
parental leave?

Using Lotus Notes as a multi-platform document creation and delivery system, we
ran a pilot online offering earlier this year to a small group of users with
specific documentation needs. We found the users liked some things about NOTES
as a delivery system, but as a document creation system it didn't really pass
the test. That's fine because NOTES isn't really meant to be a sophisticated
tool for creating good online documentation. Still there are people in our
corporation (a telecommunication company that employs 3500 people) who will want
to use NOTES at least as a document delivery system. If you have experience with
NOTES as a document delivery system and are either for or agin' it, send me your
comments.

Trevor Herriot
Technical Writer
Documentation