Re: Resume length

Subject: Re: Resume length
From: Romay Jean Sitze <rositze -at- NMSU -dot- EDU>
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 1994 22:07:07 -0600

I'm intrigued by the idea of the brochure-style resume. Out of curiosity,
I wonder if anyone out there has tried it--and how well it was received.

As a side note, what do those of you with extensive experience say about
including coursework such as seminars and workshops taken while not in a
regular academic program? Do these get listed at all? Or do you lump them
under additional studies? Some of these are really valuable, but listing
them does add to the gray matter on the page.

> Gwen Gall wrote:
> If you want to get a job doing newsetters, or advertising copy, or freelance
> doing this, you could format your resume like a brochure, in which case you'd
> print on both sides, and probably do some fancy folding as well. But would
> double-sided, or even brochure-stlyle resumes, be appropriate for a "regular
> tech. writing job"?

> Gwen

* RoMay Sitze rositze -at- nmsu -dot- edu *
* Mirrors should reflect a *
* little before throwing *
* back images. *
* -Jean Cocteau- *