Re: Resume length

Subject: Re: Resume length
From: Rick Lippincott <RJLIPPINCOTT -at- DELPHI -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 1994 21:07:05 -0400

Shelly LaRock asked about resume length.

Although I prefer a one page resume (and work to keep it at that length), if
you've got to go to two pages, so be it. I can actually see the advantage of
the longer one for a college student. As she said, she's got some relevant
experience, and listing it drives a two-page length.

Then she asked:
>If I do have a two page resume, is it better to print it on two separate
>pieces of paper, or should I print one, two-sided piece of paper?

I'd suggest two sheets, single side. There's a good chance that HR, or the
interviewing manager, will want to make copies. One double-sided sheet is a
bit tougher (yeah, I know most copiers can handle it, but now the
double-sided sheet can't be copied in the same batch stack as all the single
sided copies.) Also, it's tougher to fax.

Rick Lippincott
rjlippincott -at- delphi -dot- com