Re: Commands Begining A Sentence

Subject: Re: Commands Begining A Sentence
From: Glen Accardo <glen -at- SOFTINT -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 1994 17:46:44 -0500

> I need some advice on. There are commands that must be entered in
> all lower case. The problem is when they appear at the beginning of
> a sentence and in headings. Do you:

> a) leave it all lower case
> b) initial capitalize it anyway
> c) all upper case (this is common here)
> d) rewrite the sentence so that the command is no longer the first word

Items b and c are completely out. If you capitalize the command, it won't
work; people can't type it; it's wrong. Leaving the command in lowercase
looks funny, but I don't really have a problem with it. I normally
rewrite the sentence, but that ins't always an options. Bottom line,
make sure that people can type the command and get it to work.

glen accardo glen -at- softint -dot- com
Software Interfaces, Inc. (713) 492-0707 x122
Houston, TX 77084

Did the Corinthians ever write back?