Re: Documentation Estimates

Subject: Re: Documentation Estimates
From: "Kate M. Jarsulic" <kjarsuli -at- CCD -dot- HARRIS -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 3 Nov 1994 13:05:02 -0500

in a former life, Paul MacGyver Carman said ...

>Greetings all!

>Looking through an old issue of the STC Intercom, I found the
>following figures for calculating documentation hours:

> Writing new text: 3-5 hours per page
> Revising Existing Text: 1-3 hours per page
> Editing: 6-8 pages per hour
> Indexing: 5 pages per hour
> Production: 5% of all other activities
> Project Management: 15% of all other activities

those are interesting .... did the STC Intercom happen to mention
what type of project (e.g., software, medical, etc.) the figures are for?
also, if they are for a completed product, one that is out
of the development stages???

--
Kate Jarsulic
Technical Writer (407)242-5316

Skill without imagination is craftsmanship and gives us many useful objects
such as wickerwork picnic baskets. Imagination without skill gives us modern
art.
--Tom Stoppard