Re: Background

Subject: Re: Background
From: Richard Lippincott <rlippinc -at- BEV -dot- ETN -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 3 Nov 1994 14:45:38 EST

Denise Monette said:

> I get the impression that most of you folks have the impression
> that technical writers all write computer and/or software documentation.

That's the impression I've gotten, also. Like Denise, I've done mostly
hardware (aerospace) writing, my current position is a mix of hardware and
software (and I -volunteered- to take on a big chunk of the software docs,
it wasn't even a job requirement.)

Denise works at White Sands Missile Range. If memory serves, STC President
Liz Babcocks works at the Navy's China Lake facility, and they don't make
computers there....

Rick Lippincott
Eaton Semiconductor
rlippinc -at- bev -dot- etn -dot- com