Re: Letters and E-mail

Subject: Re: Letters and E-mail
From: Erik Harris <ewh -at- PLAZA -dot- DS -dot- ADP -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 3 Nov 1994 12:17:46 -0800

This from laila <shamji -at- EXPERT -dot- CC -dot- PURDUE -dot- EDU>:
>I was just talking with a colleague and she said that she was
>E-mailing her "thank you" letters to prospective employers after the
>interview was conducted. I was wondering if you all thought that that
>was an "okay" thing to do. I know that resumes are sent via E-mail
>so perhaps it is an "okay" thing to do. Some suggestions/ideas on
>this issue would be appreciated.

I think it's a bad idea unless one is on an informal and familiar basis
with the prospective employer, which has got to be rare (unless it's
nepotism).

I would always write a note to everyone I met at the interview, typed if
you like, but on good letterhead and signed by hand.

Others?

Quod erat demonstrandum
Erik Harris
ewh -at- plaza -dot- ds -dot- adp -dot- com (weekdays)
TrinityPlc -at- aol -dot- com (home)