Re- Foreign languages a mea

Subject: Re- Foreign languages a mea
From: Paul Strandlund <Paul -dot- Strandlund -at- X400UX -dot- SASKTEL -dot- SK -dot- CA>
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 1994 09:14:20 -0600

Reply to: Re: Foreign languages a measure of intelligence?
> Actually, there may be a correlation between musical ability and being
> able to _speak_ many foreign languages. I guess if you can hear/listen
> more accurately, you can pick up other languages more easily.

> Anyone have more information on this?

I have always believed that there is a direct correlation between mathematics,
music, and language due to one simple fact. Apart from semantics mathematics
and music are languages.

Mathematics is a way in which to describe the world using numbers and music uses
sounds to achieve the same thing. Describing what we feel, see, hear, know,
taste, touch, ... you get the point, is the reason for language and
communication.

After saying this, it only stands to reason that math, music, and language are
all related as they are all the same thing, a language.

I can honestly say that I have no supporting documentation and that these are my
own thoughts but they do seem to make sense.

> Susan Fowler

Paul
(paul -dot- strandlund -at- sasktel -dot- sk -dot- ca)