Tech Writing Future & Pen-based computing

Subject: Tech Writing Future & Pen-based computing
From: Ellen Adams <ellena -at- TOLSTOY -dot- SC -dot- TI -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 1994 10:47:15 CST

Vicki Rosenzweig said:

<<A close friend of mine was working on a pen-based word processor
a while ago. ... I wouldn't call it a mature technology. (I would
also note that I don't think I'm ususual in being able to type
signicantly faster than I can handwrite.)>>

I sure can type faster than I can scratch.

To someone like me, with rheumatoid arthritis, the keyboard is really a god-
send. Holding a pencil or light pen or pen input device requires muscles of
mine that have atrophied, and the pain is really terrific.
My fingers stay swollen and my hands are really clumsy.

If I can use a keyboard, though, I'm fine. In fact, I can still type 75wpm.
I would hate to use anything different for my technical documentation tasks.

Ellen Adams
Texas Instruments
Houston, TX
ellena -at- tolstoy -dot- sc -dot- ti -dot- com