Re: email

Subject: Re: email
From: "naomi (n.) bulka" <nbulka -at- BNR -dot- CA>
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 1994 11:16:00 -0500

In answer to Chris Miller's question:
* Is e-mail replacing memos? Telephone calls? Or has e-mail
formed its own niche in business communication?

I have found e-mail to be a big help when communicating with someone
overseas and even more so if *his* mother tongue is not English.

1. I can send a quick note at the end of my working day and often, by
the time I got back at 8:00 the next morning, the response was sitting in my
mailbox.

2. I find it easier to understand slightly broken English when it is
written even if there are spelling errors etc than to understand the
spoken and and often heavily accented English over a long distance
phone line. It gets embarrassing after a while to continually ask
that the person at the other end repeat what was just said.

Naomi Bulka

Northern Telecom
nbulka -at- bnr -dot- ca