Re: MA in Tech Writing?

Subject: Re: MA in Tech Writing?
From: Paul Contursi <pcon -at- PIPELINE -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 1994 22:01:48 -0500

I've been working actively in the technical writing field for
the past 14 years (11 as a permanent staffer and 3 as a
consultant). Your desire for another sheepskin is admirable but
there is not substitute for experience in the real world. If I
were you, I'd shoot for the Masters program only if I could get
a grant or an extremely low-interest loan to fund it. In my
opinion, getting more experience under your belt would be far
more beneficial.