POSSIBLE VIRUS ALERT

Subject: POSSIBLE VIRUS ALERT
From: Gwen Barnes <gwen -dot- barnes -at- MUSTANG -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 1994 19:05:44 GMT

-> I just received this message from one of our clients. I don't know
-> if it's the real thing or a hoax, but I thought I should pass it on
-> just in case.

-> > There is a virus on America Online being sent by E-Mail. If you

I'll bet if you forward this to postmaster -at- aol -dot- com the virus will go
away just like magic.

Exactly what sort of virus do you think you're going to catch from
reading E-Mail? It's sort of like getting gleet from a doorknob,
knowwhatImean?

Shouldn't technical writers (of all people, sheesh!) know better than to
broadcast stuff like this without checking to see if it's actually
possible?