Re 2]: Word use: Express/ed (Abs

Subject: Re 2]: Word use: Express/ed (Abs
From: "William J. Hartzer" <William -dot- Hartzer -at- EMC2-TAO -dot- FISC -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 9 Dec 1994 14:26:00 EST

Regarding Margaret's reply to Arlen's original statement that he thinks the
word 'expressed' is wrong, I will continue to use "expressed."

I will continue to use it as "expressed written consent" simply because our
forefathers wrote it that way. However, even if it IS gramatically incorrect
(as you state), since it is now written in legal documents, that's the way it
shall stand. Oh well. There's probably nothing you or I could do to change
it.

So, our forefathers didn't know how to write well. But again, that's not
the first time I've found something screwy with the English language.

No hard feelings,
Bill Hartzer