Re: Salary Question

Subject: Re: Salary Question
From: Marc Santacroce <santa -at- TFS -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 1994 15:15:00 PST

Salaries are industry and regional dependent. Someone documenting=
how to
repair pin ball machines (a friend of mine does) probably isn't going=
make as much as someone documenting the latest software package.

There is an STC salary survey that you might want to look up. In=
the San
Francisco Bay area high 20's low 30's is realistic for strating TWs.=
At a
regional STC meeting last night, I did hear that some companies oin=
the NE
were payong $7.50.hr for contract wages. If that's the case move,=
you'll
miss the snow and scraping of windshields, but=8A

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
At 17:17 12/13/94 -0500, Kimberly Wiederman wrote:
>Hi Everyone.

>I'm new to the list--just joined today. :)

>I'm a senior in the STC program at Michigan Tech. University,
>and I'm graduating *yipee* in May, 1995.

>I've been going through postings on the Net, along with postings
>elsewhere, and always get stumped when it comes to the salary
>section. I think out of all the postings I've read (over 300
>probably), that only 3 actually put down a dollar amount.
>I know it's very characteristic of employers to use phrases
>such as: "send resume with salary requirements," "compensation
>is commensurate with degree and work experience," "competitive
>salary," etc... But this isn't good enough! *laugh*

>Well, in regards to this, I wondered if anyone out there had
>any words of wisdom on what exactly to expect, or ask for.
>Some of the amounts that were listed on a couple postings
>seemed low. Maybe I'm expecting too much. ???

>I worked for a few years after highschool, before I decided
>that I needed a college education, and was making $10.50/hr.
>This is more than what some of those postings were offering!
>*sigh*

>I just thought that with a college degree, I would at least
>start in the high 20's or low 30's. I guess I'm wondering
>if I'm expecting too much. ???

>Anyway, if anyone has any insight, it would be greatly appreciated!

>Thanks much!

>Kim Wiederman
>kim -at- mtu -dot- edu
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

Regards, =20

Marc

Technical Writer/Trainer
TRW Financial Systems, Inc.
300 Lakeside Dr.
Oakland, CA 94612-3540
santa -at- tfs -dot- com santacroce -at- aol -dot- com

"Better to be judged by twelve, than carried by six"