Windows help file browser

Subject: Windows help file browser
From: "John C. Reynolds, III" <70053 -dot- 2375 -at- COMPUSERVE -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 1994 05:34:13 EST

Mick McMahon,

This is from my database of products and services that I think I
may someday be useful. It sounds like the product provides full
text search capability for Windows Help files (which I think they
should already have--but they don't; I have no great love for either
Windows or Microsoft), and more:

FORM NO.: 792 ENTRY DATE: 12-3-94 USER ID: John R.

PRODUCT CATEGORY: COMPUTER LEVEL OF INTEREST: 3
PRODUCT DESCRIPTION: Microsoft Windows helpfile search utility.
BRAND/TITLE/MODEL: "Help Browser" / by Oxford Computer Consultants (U.K.
company) / distributed in U.S. by Cascadilla Press
COST: $89.00 retail
VENDOR: Cascadilla Press (U.S. distributor)
VENDOR ADDRES/AGENT/PHONE/HOURS: Somerville, MA / 617-776-2370

NOTES: Help Browser, a utility, lets you find information in Windows 3.1
help files through mapping, viewing, or searching for any word or phrase
anywhere in the help file.

REFERENCE: BYTE magazine, December 1994, "Help for Help Files," "What's

****************************
If you hear of any files that provide full-text search capability and
are available for the downloading, please let me (and this list)
know. I missed the recent post you referred to. Thanks!

| John C. Reynolds, III | Daniel Industries |
| P.O. Box 130873 | Daniel Flow Products - Houston |
| Houston, TX 77219-0873 | Technical Writer |
| (713) 861-3334 | (713) 827-4861 |
| Society for Technical Communication (STC) - Houston Chapter |
| Email: 70053 -dot- 2375 -at- compuserve -dot- com |
| Compuserve: 70053,2375 |