Seattle area companies & the UW

Subject: Seattle area companies & the UW
From: David Oberstadt <daveo -at- VNET -dot- IBM -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 1994 09:57:01 PST

> Try at UW (Business School).
> They have a Master's Programme in Tech/Bus Comm,
> and probably have a list of companies hiring.

As a graduate of the Department of Technical Communication
at the UW, I will have to clarify something.

There is the Department of Technical Communication in the
College of Engineering, then there are 'other communication
departments, etc.' (I don't know all their proper names.)
For example, Business Communication, Jounalism, English, you
get the picture. Yes, I did take those engineering classes
like statics, dynamics, and mechanics of materials.

The UW's TC program is excellent, but does not have everything
for everybody. The emphasis is mostly on software documentation,
software usability testing, and intelligent vehicle systems.
Dave Farkas has done great research on help systems as well.

You can ask them about opportunities for jobs or internships
around the area if you want. E-mail me and I'll give you
contact information, or call the UW yourself.

David Oberstadt daveo -at- vnet -dot- ibm -dot- com

IBM Data Management/User Technology
Santa Teresa Laboratory, San Jose, California