Re: Mosaic as an online documentation viewing engine?

Subject: Re: Mosaic as an online documentation viewing engine?
From: Matt Hicks <matt -at- UNIDATA -dot- UCAR -dot- EDU>
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 1994 12:28:45 -0700

On Mon, 19 Dec 1994, Glenn Forbes Larratt wrote:

> Another point of order: NCSA Mosaic (available by anonymous ftp
> to ftp.ncsa.uiuc.edu) is one contender, for users in Microsoft Windows/Mac/
> X-Windows environments; another (and more recent, and, in my humble opinion,
> better contender is Mosaic Netscape (for the same platforms, and available
> by anonymous ftp to ftp.mcom.com). Both programs are freeware at this
> point.

Actually, Netscape Communications just made the first commercial release
of the Netscape browser. It is still free to students, nonprofits, and
educational organizations, but it's $39 for anyone else.

Matt Hicks, Tech. Writer, Unidata * I may not agree with what you
Boulder, CO, (303)497-8676, ******* say, but I'll defend to the
matt -at- unidata -dot- ucar -dot- edu ************* death my right to mock you.