Re: Mosaic as an online documentation viewing engine?

Subject: Re: Mosaic as an online documentation viewing engine?
From: lmann -at- TELERAMA -dot- LM -dot- COM
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 1994 14:43:49 -0500

Sue Heim (SUE -at- ris -dot- risinc -dot- com) wrote:
> On Fri, 16 Dec 1994 09:37:35 EST, Steve Jong wrote:
> > The recent dramatic growth of the Internet community and World-Wide Web
> > brings us another contender: Mosaic, the freeware Web browsing tool.
> > I've heard some suggestions that Mosaic is a good choice for online
> > document viewing. The idea is to write product documentation in (or
> > filter it into) HTML and then use Mosaic for display.

Or any of the other Web browsers. <g>

But, yes, this works VERY well. And, if you need ASCII versions,
you can create them with very little headache.

> Our "home page" is still being designed. The most difficult part I
> had was converting some pretty intense graphics done on the Mac into
> GIF format.

If you have Photoshop, you can import them into Photoshop,
select "Indexed Color" and export them as GIF files. Doesn't work
for everything, but it works most of the time.

--
****Laurie Mann * * lmann -at- telerama -dot- lm -dot- com * * Laurie.Mann (GEnie)****
******** Telerama Home Page: http://www.lm.com/~lmann/ **************