noon and midnight

Subject: noon and midnight
From: Beverly Parks <bparks -at- HUACHUCA-EMH1 -dot- ARMY -dot- MIL>
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 1994 07:18:37 MST

Virginia,

I agree with you, 12:00 noon, etc. also seems redundant.
However, I think the point the reference book was trying to make
was that if you are in a situation where you *must* use numeric
time, with colons, the proper way to indicate 12:00 is to use
either noon or midnight vice a.m. or p.m.

Beverly Parks
bparks -at- huachuca-emh1 -dot- army -dot- mil