Re: How we read

Subject: Re: How we read
From: Romay Jean Sitze <rositze -at- NMSU -dot- EDU>
Date: Sat, 24 Dec 1994 14:54:05 -0700

Welcome to the list. I am looking forward to hearing more about your
research into typography. This is a field that interests me greatly. I
have long been fascinated with how type affects us cognitively and
emotionally.

I recently picked up a piece of documentation that had been through so
many generations of copying that it was reduced to a page full of what at
first glance resembled some sort of strange code. After careful study,
the seemingly randomly scattered dots, dashes, and slashes actually could
be seen to form words. They were not connected, but did form recognizable
patterns. I was, to say the least, rather struck by how this worked!

RoMay Sitze rositze -at- nmsu -dot- edu

...all our finest art pales before the beauty of a single
shining star. --anonymous--