Re: time stamp or timestamp?

Subject: Re: time stamp or timestamp?
From: Beverly Parks <bparks -at- HUACHUCA-EMH1 -dot- ARMY -dot- MIL>
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 1994 07:21:15 MST

> Gail DeCamp asks--
> The NGC technical publications editor and I have a word usage
> question. Do most of you spell it "time stamp" or "timestamp"? We've
> seen it both ways.

This reminded me of the "time frame" or "timeframe" dilemma I
often deal with where I work. Sooo many people want to make it
one word--and maybe someday it will be--but as far as I and my
dictionaries know, it is still two words. I would assume the
same for "time stamp."

Beverly Parks
bparks -at- huachuca-emh1 -dot- army -dot- mil