Word 2 - Text Trapped in a Field Code

Subject: Word 2 - Text Trapped in a Field Code
From: Rosie <ncrowe -at- PRIMENET -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 1994 12:23:51 -0700

Hey, techwhirlers!
Just got back from vacation to find one of the other writers
here has an unusual Word 2.0 problem. Some how (unknown)
most of the text in her document has been included inside
of her TOC field code. The only way around it we've found
so far is to save it as text and re-do the formatting.
Deleting the field code deletes the text inside. There
is no way to select the text without selecting the field
code -- thus, the text cannot be "cut" from the field code
and repasted outside.
Saving it as an RTF perserves the field code and the dilemma.
Other saves perserve formatting without the field code, but
not style names (so we might as well save it as text.)
Has anyone out there ever had this happen to them?
Does anyone have a solution?
How could she have gotten the text within the field code?
She *swears* she didn't do it -- but how could it have happened
so we can avoid it ever happening again?
P.S. The other tech writers already called Microsoft and
they could not answer these questions!

Rosie (NorthCrowe)
ncrowe -at- primenet -dot- com
rwilc -at- fast -dot- dot -dot- state -dot- az -dot- us
*******
"Half an hour's meditation is essential except
when you are very busy. Then a full hour is needed."
-St. Francis De Sales