Re: NON-D

Subject: Re: NON-D
From: Rosie <ncrowe -at- PRIMENET -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 1994 12:30:13 -0700

On Wed, 28 Dec 1994 tpis!gregg -dot- roberts -at- tpoint-gw -dot- tpoint -dot- net wrote:

> ...Depending on the audience, you might have to just make them
> swallow this. They are, after all, USING something technical.

> --Gregg -dot- Roberts -at- tpoint -dot- com

> Before I am savagely flamed for this part of my last post, let me retract it.

Oh, darn! and I did so want to savagely flame!

I think you are right in some cases. Just exactly how much "technical
jargon" we need to... well, not necessarily "make" our audiences "swallow",
but more... umm, "teach them to accept" depends on a multitude of factors.
In my case my audience ranges from the technically enthusiastic to
folks who want to return to chisel and stone. Since our project is
user-driven, it behooves me to be gentle with the later, since they
could put the quabosh on the whole schmeil.

The decision to trod gently is based on more than simple job protection.
I do think the products I am documenting with help folks do their jobs.

Rosie (NorthCrowe)
ncrowe -at- primenet -dot- com
rwilc -at- fast -dot- dot -dot- state -dot- az -dot- us
*******
"Half an hour's meditation is essential except
when you are very busy. Then a full hour is needed."
-St. Francis De Sales