Re: filename?

Subject: Re: filename?
From: Kat Nagel <KatNagel -at- AOL -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 1994 12:16:59 -0500

Sue Heim wrote:
>Is the "name of a file" one word (filename) or two words (file name)?
>If both can be used, is there a "rule?"

When I''m talking about nameing a file, I use two words:

"The file name can be up to 32 characters long."
or
"Choose a file name that is descriptive and easy to remember."

When I'm referring to the name of a database field, or to an entry in a table
or data entry screen, I use one word (filename) to indicate a single entry:

or
"FILENAME and OWNER are required fields. You *must* enter..."

This is a very personal *rule* ---I've never seen it discussed anywhere.
@kat katnagel -at- aol -dot- com
Life 1: MasterWork (technical writing and document design)
Life 2: PlaynSong & Madrigalia, Ltd (vocal chamber music)
==========Life 1 pays for Life 2==========