Re: Contract writing (was Job Futures for Tech Writing)

Subject: Re: Contract writing (was Job Futures for Tech Writing)
From: CJBenz <cjbenz -at- AOL -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 1994 11:53:16 -0500

On Wed, 30 Nov 1994, Karla McMaster
<mcmaster%pcmail -dot- cti-pet -dot- com -at- cti-pet -dot- com> wrote:

>RoMay Sitze wrote that she'd like to know more about contract writing
also. I'd
>like to add to her list of questions the following:

>How many contractors are involved in multiple/from-home-type contracts,
vs.
>long-term (e.g., a year or more), on-the-job-site contracts? Are there
types in
>between?

FWIW, I've been working from home for almost a year now, writing
retail-market books for a West Coast publisher. Between books (about 25%
of my time), I go onsite (on a daily-contract basis) to teach computer
classes. I've only had one on-site writing contract so far, which lasted
about three weeks.

Chris Benz
Author, Technical Writer, Computer Trainer
6229438 -at- mcimail -dot- com
"You learn something new every day--whether you want to or not."