Re: Blank off

Subject: Re: Blank off
From: Rick Lippincott <RJLIPPINCOTT -at- DELPHI -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 1994 18:56:51 -0500

I'd suggest one word, "blankoff." Here's why:

"Blank off": This starts to look like a checklist command ("Engine on",
"Switch off").

"Blank-off" starts to look like a verb. (In Navy terminology, a "spotweld"
is the little metal spot that hold two pieces together, while "spot-weld" is
the action that produces such a metal spot.)

If you're writing about something that needs a blankoff plate, I'm assuming
you're not writing about software. Your audience may have a background
similar to what I've described above, and their minds may be working the
same way.

Hope this helps.

Rick Lippincott

Previous by Author: [no subject]
Next by Author: Info on Adobe Acrobat
Previous by Thread: Re: Blank off
Next by Thread: CCCC person needed

What this post helpful? Share it with friends and colleagues:

Sponsored Ads