Re: Blank off

Subject: Re: Blank off
From: Win Day <win -dot- day -at- FREENET -dot- TORONTO -dot- ON -dot- CA>
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 1994 09:21:07 -0500

On Thu, 29 Dec 1994, Tricia Porter wrote:

> Have you seen "blank off," "blankoff," or "blank-off" used in technical
> publications writing about equipment? For example, "put a blank off on the
> pump intake," or "attach the blankoff fitting to the port."

> What's the correct spelling? usage?

> Tricia Porter
> tporter -at- msi -dot- micron -dot- com

If you mean what I think you mean, we used to call them "blind flanges"
If you mean what I _think_ you mean, we used to call them "blind flanges"
or just "blinds". I've never heard them referred to as "blank offs", and
I'm a chemical engineer by training (though a technical communicator by
choice!). But that's just my experience. Anyone else care to comment?

|Win Day | "With a voice of singing |
|Technical Writer/Editor | declare ye this, |
|Email win -dot- day -at- torfree -dot- net | and let it be heard..." |

Previous by Author: Re: Trademark restrictions (Kleenex, etc.)
Next by Author: Tech. Writing Position Available
Previous by Thread: Blank off
Next by Thread: Re: Blank off

What this post helpful? Share it with friends and colleagues:

Sponsored Ads