How about Asimov? (Was: a second for McPhee)

Subject: How about Asimov? (Was: a second for McPhee)
From: Kathy Moore <kkm -at- IRIS132 -dot- BIOSYM -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 6 Jan 1995 11:58:17 -0800

Several people have recommended John McPhee's writing
as inspiration or as model for our own; I'd like to
suggest Isaac Asimov's explanatory articles and books.

In addition to the other genres he inhabited (science
fiction, mystery, history and historical commentary,
and many more), he wrote astoundingly understandable
explanations of science and technology. He had a science
column in a magazine for a long time, and there are
published collections of his essays/articles, as well
as books devoted to a single science topic.

Check him out!! It was he who first inspired in me an
interest in tech writing/popular science writing.

Kathy Kearney Moore kkm -at- biosym -dot- com
Technical Writer Phone: 619-458-9990
Biosym Technologies Fax: 619-458-0136