Re: How about Asimov? (Was: a second for McPhee)

Subject: Re: How about Asimov? (Was: a second for McPhee)
From: Romay Jean Sitze <rositze -at- NMSU -dot- EDU>
Date: Fri, 6 Jan 1995 17:23:24 -0700

I did a research project on Asimov some time ago. Interestingly enough,
my choice was questioned as Asimov was seen as primarily a writer of
science fiction. While it is certainly true that he successfully
published a large body of fiction, he was even more prolific as a writer
in the sciences. I agree with Kathy that his work is well worth spending
some time with.

On Fri, 6 Jan 1995, Kathy Moore wrote:

> Several people have recommended John McPhee's writing
> as inspiration or as model for our own; I'd like to
> suggest Isaac Asimov's explanatory articles and books.

> In addition to the other genres he inhabited (science
> fiction, mystery, history and historical commentary,
> and many more), he wrote astoundingly understandable
> explanations of science and technology. He had a science
> column in a magazine for a long time, and there are
> published collections of his essays/articles, as well
> as books devoted to a single science topic.

> Check him out!! It was he who first inspired in me an
> interest in tech writing/popular science writing.

> Kathy Kearney Moore kkm -at- biosym -dot- com
> Technical Writer Phone: 619-458-9990
> Biosym Technologies Fax: 619-458-0136

RoMay Sitze A musician must make music, an artist must
rositze -at- nmsu -dot- edu paint, a poet must write, if he is to be
ultimately at peace with himself.
-Abraham Maslow-