Re: moderate techwr-l?

Subject: Re: moderate techwr-l?
From: mpriestley -at- VNET -dot- IBM -dot- COM
Date: Fri, 6 Jan 1995 16:13:18 EST

Gail DeCamp writes:
>gateways work (bad networking writer! bad!) but maybe we can tweak it or
>set it up so that ONLY subscribers can post, period, end of story.

Those of us who aren't subscribers still want to post. I've been following
this group pretty much since its inception, through an internal IBM forum
system, but I'm not a formal subscriber.

And just because I've been quiet the last few weeks doesn't mean I haven't
sounded off in the past :-)

FWIW, I like the status quo. I take the occasional ad or offensive post as
part of the general flavour of the internet. I think moderation, aside from
inherent technical difficulties, has a stifling effect on lists or newsgroups.
I think Eric Ray is doing a fine job as listowner, with the occasional
admonishment, without actually deleting mail.

My three (Canadian) cents' worth,

Michael Priestley
mpriestley -at- vnet -dot- ibm -dot- com
Disclaimer: speaking on my own behalf, not IBM's