Re: SGML Temp. Job (RTP, NC)

Subject: Re: SGML Temp. Job (RTP, NC)
From: Bill Burns <WBURNS -at- VAX -dot- MICRON -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 1995 12:50:33 MDT

I agree that these wages are too low to be acceptable for professional
tech. communicators. However, many of these types of postings wind up in
the hands of technical communication students via discussion groups such as
this one or through well-meaning instructors. Perhaps these positions should
be categorized as development-level work.

On another note, what exactly IS acceptable pay for technical communicators?
I mean, I know what I'm making (and I'm NOT about to divulge), but I'm not
really clear on what's acceptable in other regions. (I'm in Boise, Idaho.)
I've heard some incredible salary ranges tossed around.

Bill Burns