salary rates (was SGML Temp. Job . . .)

Subject: salary rates (was SGML Temp. Job . . .)
From: Sherri Hall <shall -at- HILCO -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 1995 14:30:37 CST

Bill Burns asks:
> On another note, what exactly IS acceptable pay for technical communicators?
> I mean, I know what I'm making (and I'm NOT about to divulge), but I'm not
> really clear on what's acceptable in other regions. (I'm in Boise, Idaho.)
> I've heard some incredible salary ranges tossed around.

Check out salary surveys published by credible professional organizations
such as STC. That's the only way I know to measure my salary against peers of
similar skills, education, experience, etc.
--
Sherri Hall * "No passion in the world is equal to the passion
shall -at- hilco -dot- com * to alter someone else's draft." H.G. Wells