Review copy coversheet software

Subject: Review copy coversheet software
From: Erik Harris <ewh -at- PLAZA -dot- DS -dot- ADP -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 1995 16:23:53 -0800

Hi all,

Can anyone suggest a simple program for Macs that can be used to generate
coversheets for document review copies?

For one of my large projects (80-90 short documents), copies of my stuff
gets sent to about 18 people, but not always the exact same 18--the list of
reviewers varies, depending on the document's contents. I have been
creating coversheets for the review copies using Word 5.1 templates, but
this means managing the review list manually and keeping 80-90 coversheets
as Word files, which is a time-sink and a drag. Word is too feature-rich to
manage a rudimentary list easily and quickly, and in any event I don't have
a fast Mac.

I don't need clever fonts and WYSIWYG, I just need to tweak a pre-fab
template each time I create another document so I can get the reviews into
circulation. This is especially a nuisance when the document is in
PageMaker and I have to shut it down before I can launch Word 5.1 on my
machine.

The best answer would be inexpensive shareware, but a commercial product
would also do.

Perhaps others in documentation-land share this need.

Please send suggestions via e-mail to me (ewh -at- plaza -dot- ds -dot- adp -dot- com), not the
list, and I'll summarize the suggestions and post them in a week or so.

Thanks.

Erik Harris ewh -at- plaza -dot- ds -dot- adp -dot- com (weekdays)
"Magni nominis umbra" TrinityPlc -at- aol -dot- com (home)