Re: Engineers managing documentation

Subject: Re: Engineers managing documentation
From: DaveTaylor -at- AOL -dot- COM
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 1995 23:24:21 -0500

> Not something I'd look forward to, BTW. Engineering managers love to
> announce how writing doc is just like programming, and they have some
> godawful ideas that they believe are logically unassailable.

Actually, I've often been struck by the similarities between writing and
programming. The software development cycle bears a striking resemblence to
the writing process. Also, the personalities and interests of writers and
programmers overlap quite a bit. Science fiction, for example, is frequently
common ground.

Even so, I have to agree that a writer managed by a programmer (or any
nonwriter) is in for hard times.

Dave
,
` , David M. Taylor ... The word juggler
\o_
# Technical writer
/ \ Columbia MD USA davetaylor -at- aol -dot- com