Re: Boat versus Cassette

Subject: Re: Boat versus Cassette
From: Beverly Parks <bparks -at- HUACHUCA-EMH1 -dot- ARMY -dot- MIL>
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 1995 09:09:46 MST

> Scott Cluff <SCLUFF -at- VAX -dot- MICRON -dot- COM> wrote

> As a writer writing in-house procedures, what do you do when your readers
> have, over time, gotten used to referring to two things incorrectly, calling
> Thing One by Thing Two's name and, conversely, calling Thing Two by Thing
> One's name?
> Should we continue to try and and change the masses or should
> we give in to them?

Scott,

By all means, CHANGE THEM! I hate propagating others'
mistakes. I see it a lot where I work and I steadfastly refuse
to conform when I realize the "way it's always been done" has
always been wrong. Change has to start somewhere, and the best
place to start is with yourself. There will be confusion and
resistance at first, but I think you'll be surprised how quickly
they will all catch on.

Beverly Parks
bparks -at- huachuca-emh1 -dot- army -dot- mil