Re: Job info Seattle Area!

Subject: Re: Job info Seattle Area!
From: jhedtke -at- OZ -dot- NET
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 1995 10:22:53 PDT

Wasser's phone number is 206-441-0707. You should also try Sakson &
Taylor, 206-632-6931. Both are large, very successful firms that
know a great deal about the business of writing. I have hired
writers and desktop publishers from both firms and have been quite
satisfied with the people I've gotten.

In article <3ervab$rsf -at- bbs -dot- pnl -dot- gov>, <sl_eaton -at- pnl -dot- gov> writes:
name,"
> so I'm posting instead.

> You may want to try Wasser. Microsoft, Boeing, and many other
places use Wasser to hire contract writers and editors, and many
people wind up with permanent jobs that way. I worked for
Microsoft through Wasser until I moved to southeastern Washington.
The woman who runs it is named Peg Cherrit (not sure of the
spelling; it's pronounced Shu-RETT).

> I don't have the phone # or address with me, but if you can't find
them through directory assistance, I can dig 'em up for you.

> By the way, the person who said you better know software
documentation is wrong. There are plenty of other tech writing
jobs in the area -- engineering, environmental, etc. Your grammar,
usage, & basic writing skills better be good, though!

> >To any Puget Sound area STC members or Seattle tech-writers,

> >I am looking for a contact person in the Seattle area to get some
information
on STC and employment opportunities for entry-level technical
writers. If you
can help me at all E-mail me directly.