Online help in Unix

Subject: Online help in Unix
From: Tina Sansom <kms -at- PLAZA -dot- DS -dot- ADP -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 1995 11:20:25 -0800

Caryn Rizell asks about developing online help in a unix environment.

For the past few months, I've been becoming an expert in MetaCard, a
HyperCard-like application for Unix.

It's a full multi-media development environment, but due to some limitiations
of the product I'm developing for, I can't use everything MetaCard can do.
I'm using it for help, though the more I work in it, the more I realize it's
like using PageMaker or FrameMaker to write simple business letters. It works
great for help, but can do so much more!

It can import HyperCard stacks from the Mac and run them with _very_ few
conversion problems.

I have all sorts of info about it. To start:

MetaCard Corporation
4710 Shoup Pl.
Boulder, CO 80303

Phone (303)447-3936
FAX (303)499-9855

This runs on many different flavors of Unix (including our particularly weird
Motorola Unix).

I don't work for MetaCard, just a happy customer!
--
Tina Sansom "You see, it takes all the running you can do, to
kms -at- plaza -dot- ds -dot- adp -dot- com keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere