Re: FrameMaker versus Interleaf

Subject: Re: FrameMaker versus Interleaf
From: Steve Fouts <sfouts -at- ELLISON -dot- SC -dot- TI -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 1995 08:55:48 CST

Mike Uhl says:

|}
|} My impression is that Frame simply has marketed their product better
|} than Interleaf. Remember Beta versus VHS? Interleaf has also stumbled a
|} bit with their Windows and Macintosh versions.
|}

I don't think this is really accurate. Interleaf is a much larger, and
more capable tool than Frame and, fittingly, it costs a lot more. I'm
going to get sniped at for saying this, but the average Joe/Jane in
the street doesn't need this thing to pop out a hundred and twenty
pager every so often.

Those of us that need and use all of the advanced features on a
regular basis are pretty glad it's around. I wouldn't want to do
the job I'm doing with anything less.

/ ___ __/__\ \ / / _\ Steve Fouts
/___ \| | ___\ | / __\ sfouts -at- ellison -dot- sc -dot- ti -dot- com
/_______/__|_______\_/________\ "But what else would you expect them to say
to defend themselves? They are writers; they are professional liars."
-- Harlan Ellison