More Good gifts for technical writers

Subject: More Good gifts for technical writers
From: "mrw.EMAIL" <manu!mrw -at- UUNET -dot- UU -dot- NET>
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 1995 13:47:04 -0500

11:28

Marc asked for ideas for technical writers:

* wrist rests for the front of a keyboard
* mouse pads
* my favorite grammar book in the world: The Transitive Vampire by Karen
Elizabeth Gordon. The subtitle is "A Handbook of Grammar for the Innocent, the
Eager, and the Doomed." This book has wonderful explanations of grammatical
structure and equally wonderful examples:

"The verb is the heartthrob of a sentence. Without a verb, a groups of words
can never hope to be anything more than a fragment, a hopelessly incomplete
sentence, a eunuch or dummy of a grammatical expression."

Example: "He yanked her out of her tedium."

* Any of the Dilbert books by Scot Adams

Too bad Christmas is over! (But my birthday's tomorrow!)

Regards,
Mary Wise
mrw -at- manu -dot- com