Re: Video Sales

Subject: Re: Video Sales
From: Heilan Yvette Grimes <HEP2 -at- AOL -dot- COM>
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 1995 07:01:24 -0500

Bonni Graham said:
> one of the most useful things about this list
> for me has been the information on different tools and publications that
> can help me do my job, and until recently, I thought I was in the
> company of others who believed the same.
> I tried to narrow the focus by being very clear in my
> subject line, so that anyone who was not interested could skip the
> message.

I believe Bonni's video sales posts were entirely appropriate, within the
scope of the list, and of service. And she did her posting correctly with
subject headings that described her post so that those who didn't want to
read an ad didn't have to.

If someone wishes to ask her to stop posting what I consider to be a service
on her part, I feel that request should be made to the entire list for a
vote, rather than someone trying to impose their views on everyone else
because they don't agree with advertising. I happen to believe that
advertising of appropriate material is entirely justified and the poster
should not be flamed because of some supposed purity of the internet. I doubt
she'll ever get rich selling the tapes to us, but what if she did? I would
applaud her for doing so.

So far, the responses I've seen regarding Bonni's message have all been
positive. And I, for one, vote that she continue her postings which I
consider to be a service.

--Yvette