Re: Making it readable from the start

Subject: Re: Making it readable from the start
From: Arthur Comings <atc -at- CORTE-MADERA -dot- GEOQUEST -dot- SLB -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 1995 11:54:53 PST

> Have you ever noticed that someone who is not a native speaker of English
> just doesn't do a very good job of editing sentences?

Not here. We have a lot of such engineers, and they just don't try to edit
me very much. They know their strengths and weaknesses better than I
do.

What I do appreciate hearing about from them is anything -- grammar,
punctuation, wording, obvious wrong impressions on my part -- that
distracts them and slows them down when they're trying to read my work.
I really don't categorize their responses, and at best, they're like
the canary in the mine. If something doesn't get through quickly and
concisely to them, I fix it.

Arthur