Re: Internet Publishing Software: Cyberleaf

Subject: Re: Internet Publishing Software: Cyberleaf
From: "Frank Saucier [Tech Pub]" <frank_saucier -at- MENTORG -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 1995 13:32:07 -0500

I've been trying to find out as much as possible about Cyberleaf, but no luck so
far. When I called Ileaf they said, "We aren't planning any demo versions. It's
only $795 per copy anyways so why don't you just buy a copy. If you like it,
you can buy more. If you don't, don't". Uh yeah, thanks (insert the sound of a
phone being hung up here). I corresponded briefly with a professor at
UMASS-Boston who was on a research grant from Ileaf and had used Cyberleaf, but
was unable to get any real info. Our group would really like to see Cyberleaf
in person (DOS, MAC, UNIX, it doesn't matter). I posted to a couple of
newsgroups, but nobody responded. I guess nobody has been willing to pay $795
to kick Cyberleaf's tires.

I'm very interested in anything anybody knows or finds out.

Frank

On Jan 28, 12:10am, Automatic digest processor wrote:

> Date: Fri, 27 Jan 1995 08:40:54 EST
> From: "Heard, Lallie" <LHH01 -at- CPFSAT2A2 -dot- HOMEDEPOT -dot- COM>
> Subject: Internet Publishing Software: Cyberleaf

> Does anyone have any experience with a product by Interleaf called
> Cyberleaf? We're considering a product review. Interleaf's product
> release blurb says Cyberleaf is a "new, easy-to-use software package for
> publishing information on the Internet's World Wide Web. Cyberleaf
> includes everything a user needs to build and maintain
> professional-looking collections or 'webs' of information, made up of
> text, graphics and multimedia files, which can be distributed on the
> Internet and viewed with Mosaic-like browsers."

> If anyone is interested in doing their own exploration, you can
> contact Interleaf at Prospect Place, 9 Hillside Avenue, Waltham, MA
> 02154; Tel. 617-290-0710; FAX 617-290-4966; E-Mail address for Mary Beth
> Smartt, Tech. Mktg. Mgr. msmartt -at- ileaf -dot- com -dot-

-- End of excerpt from Automatic digest processor

| FRANK SAUCIER | When I was your age, we use to drink |
| Mentor Graphics Corp. | adult doses of NyQuil and operate |
| fsaucier -at- warren -dot- mentorg -dot- com | heavy machinery just for kicks. |