Re: Amber: Orange or Yellow?

Subject: Re: Amber: Orange or Yellow?
From: Bev Parks <bparks -at- HUACHUCA-EMH1 -dot- ARMY -dot- MIL>
Date: Wed, 1 Feb 1995 18:38:01 MST

Carl Miller asks--
Do other languages translate amber
to mean "more yellowish than orange,
but definitely not yellow?"

To the best of my understanding, and as far as the U.S. military
and U.S. traffic laws are concerned, amber is more yellow than
orange. Traffic light colors are often referred to as green,
amber, and red. Personally, I would agree with Carl's quoted
words above: "more yellowish than orange, ...."

Beverly Parks =*= bparks -at- huachuca-emh1 -dot- army -dot- mil
"Opinions expressed are mine, not my employer's."