Geography of Frame users/

Subject: Geography of Frame users/
From: Barb Philbrick <barb -dot- philbrick -at- PCOHIO -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 3 Feb 1995 14:51:00 -0500

I know that a few month ago we discussed what DTP and word processing
packages people on this list use. I recall that a large percentage used
Framemaker. However, in the Cleveland area, I know of only two firms
that are using it. I've been asked to use Ventura, Word for Windows, and
Pagemaker, but have not yet had a contract in Framemaker.

Is this a regional thing? I get the impression (however wrong it might
be) that Framemaker is more popular on the West coast than here in the
Midwest. Does anyone have any better insight into this?

I was recently told about a product called Calamus recently. It is
apparently a DTP program that was developed in Germany. Is anyone here
using it or know any more about it?

Just curious (and burned up 'cause I spent the money on Frame) -

Barb

PC-Ohio PCBoard pcohio.com
The Best BBS in America Cleveland, OH
DATA: 216-381-3320 FAX: 216-291-2685