Documents and on-line help

Subject: Documents and on-line help
From: The System House <syshouse -at- MCS -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 1995 15:45:27 -0600

We are developing some on-line documentation for a new Windows-based
product. We figured, while we are at it, why not change the printed
documentation standards as well?

We are using Doc-To-Help to produce our help files. WIth it, we can also
add text and graphics that will not appear in the help, so we can
use the one document for both purposes. (We're not sure if this is the
way we will go yet, but there seems to be some push for it.)
Are three-ring binders still acceptable? They offer the ease of
updating the current documentation without replacing the whole darn thing.
We will use the "half-size" binders.

Any input on styles/procedures that worked well will be appreciated.
Ability to update the manual with revision pages is a major plus.

Thanks,
Dan Glovier
dan -at- tsh -dot- com

P.S. Has the mailing list gone down? I haven't received mail in
weeks!