Re: Graphics Don't Help

Subject: Re: Graphics Don't Help
From: Marcia Coulter <notjust -at- IX -dot- NETCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Sat, 11 Feb 1995 20:24:20 -0800

Our users tell us that graphics in the help file are helpful. So, to
reduce the memory requirements of those graphics we do two things:

* For screen shots, use the Windows Control Panel to change the
screen colors to monochrome.

* Use RoboHelp's (the tool we use to create on-line help)
propietary system for including graphics files. It cuts the
space requirements somewhat. (I'm not sure of the amount, but
-- if anyone's interested -- I can look at the proportions when
I get back to work.)