Re: Tech Writer Compensation

Subject: Re: Tech Writer Compensation
From: Romay Jean Sitze <rositze -at- NMSU -dot- EDU>
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 1995 13:05:42 -0700

The real question is would you not still charge the same amount per hour
for your work? And of course, for whatever actual costs are involved in
the production of the brochure? The brochure may not take as long, so
naturally the total cost differs. That is a different matter. Total costs
will obviously vary according to the nature of the project.

Shelly M. LaRock wrote:

> Yes, but if I was producing a brochure or flier for the Physics
> department at Michigan Tech announcing their bake sale, I don't
> think I would expect to get paid as much as if I was writing the
> API manual for a software system like I did this summer.

> Perhaps it not really a matter of how much the pay is, but rather
> how long it takes. A bake sale flier would take me maybe an hour.
> I worked on the API manual and other manuals all summer.

> That's my (new & improved) answer and I'm sticking with it. <grin>

RoMay Sitze
rositze -at- nmsu -dot- edu